November 25, 2013

OATES

     When i first started reading this story I could not help but to not understand the point of it. I kept asking myself "why are we reading this"? "what is the point to this story"? I soon came to a realization that this story was very interesting and it began to grab my attention as I got further into it.
     Connie, the main character in the story, was very self absorbed, and never really knew her place in the world. Throughout the story the author talked about many incidents where Connie pretty much thought she was the only person in the world and she could care a less what happened to anyone else as long as she was safe and happy.
  when this little boy showed up on her front steps, she could see him through the door, it proved to me that she desperately wanted attention. I believe that Connie made up this boy to make herself feel good about herself so that she knew what the feeling of being wanted was. Now, the way that Connie portrayed him was awful, it was almost like Connie created her own rapist. I personally find the fact that Connie did that a little disturbing, but our world is full of all kinds of interesting people and circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment