March 19, 2014

The Boy in the striped pajamas

In the novel, many things happen that opened my eyes to the world as it was before I was here. There was so much cruelty shown to humans by other humans, even more than we have today. The focus on the Concentration camps during World Was II was to teach the jews who was in charge and who hey were to work for and listen to. In this story it focused on the life of a family living during World Was II near a camp. This story was not an easy one to read. It was extremely heart breaking and i found myself crying more times than i can even remember. I would suggest people to read this that can tolerate such sad news as well as hurtful actions done by humans to other humans. It teaches a lesson of what went on then and also puts it in prospective of a little boy who knew nothing that the German's were doing, which makes it even more heart breaking to see such an innocent little boy so hurt, confused and clueless. It was a good read i just found myself putting the book down many times due to what was being said and how it made me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment